One of Support through Sport UK’s aims is to raise the profile of women’s sport as it gets so little media coverage. Thus see Claire Allen’s coverage below from recent women’s netball and hockey matches …  
The date: Monday 11th April.
The event: Loughborough Lightning versus Team Northumbria.
In the last meeting of these two big netball teams, Northumbria took the win. Thus Loughborough fielded a strong team and really pushed to gain control throughout, often successfully winning the ball.
England’s Hannah Joseph attacked strongly from the wing, successfully intercepting the ball to give Loughborough play. Captain Ama Agbeze took charge to ensure a fast paced first half with strong discipline from her side. Goal Shooter Peace Proscovia dominated the end court, bringing home goal after goal, giving Loughborough the lead at half-time: 29 - 18.
Northumbria pulled out all the stops in the second half, playing well defensively and taking every opportunity to intercept the Loughborough ladies. However the home side were not to be beaten. They improved on every play and allowed Northumbria little room for error. This culminated in a 61 - 41 win for Loughborough.
Player of the match went to Peace Proscovia whose on target goal shooting played a big part in Loughborough’s win.
There was also good news for Loughborough Lightning’s Captain Ama Agbeze, who was recently named as England Captain for the Netball Europe Series.
To top of a fantastic match, we got to meet Team GB sprinters, Asha Phillip and Adam Gemili, who were also there watching the game.
The date: Sunday 17th April.
The event: the match to decide who would be crowned 2015 / 16 Premier League Hockey Champions.
Reigning champions Surbiton took on Canterbury in what turned out to be a very evenly matched game …
Both teams fought hard to gain control of the midfield in a match in which both defences were almost impenetrable. This resulted in an end to end game, with some fast action play, both teams kept firmly on their toes and fighting for control.
Goalkeeper Abi Walker stood strong for Surbiton, making some fantastic decisions in the D to hold off the Canterbury attack. However, at the other end of the pitch, the Canterbury defensive line also held off any advances. 
The game progressed in this manner, with no one able to make a break and take the lead.  Thus a post-match penalty shoot-out was needed to determine a victor.
Although a frustrating way to determine a winner for the teams, the penalty shoot-out made for excellent viewing.
Naomi Evans and Line Malan were the first to step up for their respective sides but there was no score for either. This was also the case for Sarah Haycroft and Sarah Kerly. Surbiton then scored three consecutive goals from Abi Robinson, Georgie Twigg and Holly Webb.
Surbiton’s Goalkeeper, Abi Walker, was on amazing form, stopping every attempt that came her way. Only Susie Rowe was able to break her defences, scoring a single goal for Canterbury, meaning that Surbiton took the Championship.